Our client is a fast growing global company of food ingredients (part of a global entity) with production facilities in more than 30 countries and presence in over 100 countries around the world. Therefore it is one of the largest worldwide producers and distributors in their specific category: bakery and non-bakery ingredients, specialty ingredients and industries. Every day their employees strive to be leading in the industry by being the number one innovators. Think global, act local is one of the key competences of the company.
As Development & Application Director you will be responsible for:
Leadership of the development & application function
• Translate the set innovation strategy in an multi year NPD plan, ensuring direction is clear and delivery plans are in place.
• Ensure the alignment on projects between Research, Business Development and local business unit customer needs.
• Represent the development and application function within the leadership team of the business unit and towards other relevant stakeholders.
• Working with Director Intellectual Property & Regulatory to ensure the protection of intellectual property to create business value and see that a proper IP strategy is in place.
• Responsible for Development and Application budgets and targets and the measurement of ROI.
Development & innovation agenda
• You are a role model and create a culture of customer focused and differentiated product development and application.
• Ensure development and application projects are delivered on time and on budget and that actions and decisions are taken in line with company policy and priorities.
• Ensure appropriate NPD processes are in place to ensure developed products comply with relevant regulations.
• Support and oversee transfer of knowledge between local and global business units.
• Ensure technology packs (technical playbooks) are built to support NPD introductions.
• Actively build constructive and collaborative relationships with other global functions and regional business units.
• Co- responsibility for developing the M&A agenda.
People management & development
• Build and develop best practice through structuring appropriate people organisation, development and training processes for your direct reports including performance review, career development and succession planning.
• Actively coach, train and develop the appropriate competences and skills both within your own team as well as the wider regional communities.
• Support the company’s values of ambition, collaboration and ethics through the business unit’s behaviours of humility, role modelling, patience and persistence.
We are searching for a culture- and organizational sensitive Development & Application Director who is able to drive technological knowledge, projects and processes in a very international oriented and cultural diverse environment. You are a customer focused, resilient self-starter with strong business acumen, strong analytical skills and you are result oriented. Besides that you will be able to act as a role model in and outside of the team. And on top of that you understand what is required while leading and influencing a network in a global organization and you are able to adjust your personal behavior accordingly.
You also bring:
• an M.Sc. or PhD degree in for instance biotechnology, chemistry, food science. An additional business degree would be an extra asset;
• a minimum of 10 years working experience in NPD leadership roles in the bakery industry, ideally in bakery ingredients like: Head of Research & Development (R&D), Innovation Manager / Director, New Product Development Director (NPD), Category & Applications Manager;
• understanding of industrial bakery processes (this is a qualifying criteria for this role);
• fluency in English, both verbally and written;
• willingness to travel internationally occasionally and also willing to relocate to The Netherlands.