Royal Smit & Zoon is a leading global supplier of wet-end and finishing leather chemicals for tanneries. The chemicals are used in the manufacturing and finishing of leather for well-known brands of shoes, cars, furniture, clothes and bags. Headquartered in Weesp (The Netherlands), Royal Smit & Zoon operates in more than 70 countries around the globe. Next to Weesp the company has also offices and factories in Amersfoort (The Netherlands), Germany, Italy, India and China. In total, the organization has over 350 employees, each of them professionals with the passion to deliver sustainable top performances to the customers every single day. Royal Smit & Zoon gained international a leading position and owns its success to an unique product range, an in debt knowledge of their market and a prominent R&D. Sustainability and innovation are important strategic drivers and the company will continue to work closely with their customers on developing new products and services in their area. By intensifying collaboration throughout the value chain, they want to make the leather value chain more sustainable.
Royal Smit & Zoon is looking for a Head of Product Management for its wet-end leather chemicals division, who can lead the product management team and global wet-end leather technicians. As an inspirational people manager you will lead your team (10 fte) with the ultimate goal to enhance further growth of Royal Smit & Zoon by renewing the product portfolio and bringing innovations fast and smooth to the tanneries. You are aiming to further develop Royal Smit & Zoon as a relevant and innovative market player.
• Responsible for complete wet-end product portfolio;
• Ensure that an optimal product portfolio is offered per region and/or market segment in the leather industry (including product innovation, improvement and phase out) that fits the strategy;
• Set up new value chains with other parties – internally and externally - for (new) products and open innovation together;
• Coach, develop and supervise the product managers, leather technicians and leather property experts reporting to you;
• Giving insight to the company for innovation and product development with market research, customer & sales feedback, competition and product performance;
• Giving direction to your team as well to the wet-end division from a product point of view. This means develop a product & portfolio strategy with roadmaps to get there, resolve issues and promote internal and external the products;
• Connect the various functions such as R&D, Operations, R&D, Marketing & Communication, leather application experts, Finance, Purchasing and the other divisions to achieve our results from a product and market point of view in wet-end leather chemicals;
• Develop propositions, business cases and provide pricing input with your team;
• Help the business to sell the products with good launch (go-to-market), product promotion together with our Marketing & Communication, developing sales support material and supporting sales.
• You have a Master’s degree level of thinking and work experience, preferably in Chemistry;
• Experience in leather development related work, application knowledge is a must have;
• You are entrepreneurial, proactive and a leader with care for customers and the world, committed to make a difference and a passionate expert;
• You have the drive and skill to make connections to persons, clients and branches where needed;
• You enjoy an international and commercial environment;
• You have good communicative and managerial skills;
• You are a team player and uses a good structured and planned approach with good project management skills;
• Fluent in English. Languages such as Dutch, German, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese or Spanish are nice to have.