Royal Smit & zoon is a leading global supplier of wet-end and finishing leather chemicals for tanneries. The chemicals are used in the manufacturing and finishing of leather for well-known brands of shoes, cars, furniture, clothes and bags. Headquartered in Weesp (The Netherlands), Royal Smit & Zoon operates in more than 70 countries around the globe. Next to Weesp the company has also offices and factories in Amersfoort (The Netherlands), Germany, Italy, India and China. In total, the organization has over 350 employees, each of them professionals with the passion to deliver sustainable top performances to the customers every single day. Royal Smit & zoon gained international a leading position and owns its success to an unique product range, an in depth knowledge of their market and a prominent R&D. Sustainability and innovation are important strategic drivers and the company will continue to work closely with their customers on developing new products and services in their area. By intensifying collaboration throughout the value chain, they want to make the leather value chain more sustainable.
Royal Smit & zoon is looking for a Global Director ESG who will formulate and facilitate the implementation of the global ESG strategy, in order to achieve Smit Group relevance and impact in the leather value chain. As a Global Director ESG you will represent the Smit Group and act as thought leader in the industry on ESG. As an enthusiastic and committed manager you will inspire your intern and extern stakeholders to reach the defined goals regarding corporate social responsibilities. You are aiming to further develop Royal Smit & Zoon as a relevant and innovative market player.
Key activities & responsibilities
• Clear ESG strategy and (timely) decisions and determination or adjustment of strategy (ESG Roadmap);
• Valuable network and collaborations both inside and outside the leather value chain, to create a sustainable Value Chain;
• Compliant to regulations and laws and market driven requirements pertaining to the products (Product regulatory affairs);
• Achieved results within approved year plan & budget, including contribution to cross functional projects;
• Effective ESG/PRA organization, processes and systems;
• Strengthened company reputation and build trust with customer, employee and other stakeholders;
• Ensured transfer and retention of ESG knowledge and competencies;
• Effective contribution to Smit Group strategy and teamwork within leadership team;
• Adherence and compliance with Smit Group HSE and ESG policies.
• You have a Master’s degree level of thinking and work experience;
• For this position sustainability is key. You have experience, preferable on a directors level, in an ESG or CSR related position;
• As a leader you engage, lead, support, challenge, empower, innovate and learn;
• You are a team player, you have good communicative skills and uses a good structured and planned approach with good project management skills;
• You are entrepreneurial, proactive and do care for customers and the world, committed to make a difference;
• You have the drive and skill to make connections to persons, clients and branches where needed;
• You enjoy an international and commercial environment;
• Fluent in Dutch and English. Languages such as German, Italian, Mandarin, Portuguese or Spanish are nice to have.
Hoofdstraat 252, 3972 LK Driebergen-Rijsenburg
+31 (0)343 44 48 68 | firstname.lastname@example.org