Our client, Huntsman Corporation, is an industrial manufacturer (chemicals), which products are sold to industrial and consumer markets all over the world. The company operates more than 70 manufacturing- and R&D-facilities in approximately 30 countries and employs about 9,500 employees, of which 350 in the Netherlands. Working with the newest technologies and with loyal, high qualified and committed employees, the company continuously strives to to strengthen their global market position. Market driven, continuous improvement and high standards with regard to safety, health and environment are key enablers to the success.
We are asked to search for an Senior Manager Process & Technology for the three Dutch plants. We are looking for someone who can drive change within the manufacturing organization, both on culture and production output (quality, efficiency, cost etc). A real transformational leader, driven and ambitious to build high performing teams.
The role offers the chance to make an impact not just on-site in the Netherlands but throughout the organisation globally. As the organisations embarks on an initiative from “good to great” the new Senior Manager Process & Technology provides key input and leadership that affects the business worldwide. A very interesting challenge for an ambitious senior manager who has a proven track record in building teams and high-performance cultures!
You are able to lead and develop your new department and team in order to make the difference within a challenging, ambitious and demanding organization. You create a high-performance culture where colleagues are willing to learn with, and from each other. The focus is on continuous improvement from a structural and organizational effective perspective. It is your task to motivate and guide people and the organization on this. You strive for the highest possible quality and safety level. You have an exemplary role and a pro-active attitude when it comes to new initiatives and developments.
Your team has a day to day responsibility guaranteeing the reliability, availability and safety of the installations. To be successful, your team has intensive contact with your maintenance and operations colleagues and of course with other (international) stakeholders of the organization, like the Global Excellence Team and Corporate EHS. In any case, your scope is cross-departmental. Your goal is to take the department, your team and thereby the organization to the next level. You ensure that all activities comply with relevant legislation and procedural requirements and monitor the integrity of the critical installations. You investigate and monitor plant safety and strive for a high degree of cost efficiency in order to ensure an optimal balance between the costs and turnover of the plant.
• Lead, develop and coach direct reports;
• Accountable for availability of resources to support the manufacturing organization in the areas of process control, day to day operations support, projects and turnarounds;
• Ensure adequate training & development of employees;
• Accountable for identifying opportunities to leverage process improvement across the site (short and midterm);
• Sparring partner for amongst others GET (Global Excellence Team) for long term improvements and implement these into the Rotterdam site; • Accountable for adherence to process improvement cycle;
• Ensure sustainable adherence to corporate set standards;
• Act as Liaison Officer cross departmental including GET and corporate EHS to ensure achievement of process and safety improvements resulting in higher production, improved quality and lower costs;
• You are graduated in an appropriate technical discipline with considerable experience in a (technical) management position within the chemicals sector;
• You do have a demonstratable track record in the effective development of teams at multiple levels of an organisation. You can drive a high-performance working culture with successful talent development initiatives;
• You are successful in sustainable change management with the ability to lead a successful yet adaptable leadership vision;
• You have a passion for continuous improvement culture (good understanding of lean 6-sigma principles) and processes with an optimistic, but highly structured approach to optimization or problem solving;
• You have excellent communication and influencing skills, tact and diplomacy to effectively interact with personal, senior business management, contractors, local authorities and neighbours;
• You have extensive experience in project management (CAPEX &budget) within a high hazardous manufacturing operation, accompanied with good understanding of EHS needs and regulations;
• Your style of leadership will be based on clarity and consistency, strong teamwork and coaching ability and a clear human touch to managing people with the capability to motivate and mobilize them;
• You are energetic and dynamic and have an ambition for organisational and personal development;
• You are fluency in Dutch and English and comfortable working in an international business environment;
• Personal skills: A people manager who knows how to connect and let colleagues perform, having a proactive and hands on mentality and has excellent strategic and analytical skills.