Our client Foodmate is an equipment manufacturing company based in the Netherlands (Numansdorp) and founded in 2006. Foodmate develops and produces high-quality production machines for the poultry meat processing industry. In 2010 Foodmate US was launched, expanding their worldwide distribution into North America. After opening Foodmate Brasil, also Foodmate Polska and Foodmate UK were launched, expanding their knowledge and market. Foodmate’s ambition is further global growth within Asia and Latin America and local presence in all strategic markets, being close to their customers. Nowadays Foodmate has about 350 employees worldwide, of which 100 are based in North America and a total sales of > 200 million Euro per year.
Foodmate’s main focus is on the secondary poultry processing solutions (Weighing, Grading & Logistics, Cut-up and Deboning machines) which means transforming the secondary processing into a complete automated process, with the highest yield possible, against optimal cost. In addition to manufacturing, they provide an extensive variety of spare parts and 24/7 service support, also for other processing equipment and reconditioned machines.
Foodmate’s vision is to be recognized by their customers as the most innovative, transformative, customer-oriented, total solution provider in the poultry processing industry by delivering world class solutions, service and performance.
As After Market Director you will be responsible for the commercial growth and development of the After Market Organization in order to expand Foodmate’s global footprint.
This is done by:
• Building a proactive after market organization by identifying and stimulating current business (sales and margin) in order to expand market share and create maximum customer satisfaction;
• Further alignment within the after market organization and other Foodmate’s departments (e.g. Sales, Operations, R&D).
As After Market Director you will be responsible for the global sales and profit results, with the exception of Central and North- America, which is lead by Foodmate US. You will lead a team 3 direct reports (service manager, spare parts manager, manager projects, all based in Numansdorp) and about 37 indirect reports which some of them operate from abroad.
• You hold a bachelor or master degree in a technology area, preferably supplemented with MBA;
• You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in managing, leading and developing an international operating team (after sales, (customer) service);
• Experience in the machine building industry is a big plus, preferably in the Food process industry;
• Experience in managing and executing projects in machine building/ capital goods;
• You possess a proven long term track record in setting up a profitable global after market/sales department;
• You are very capable to operate within different cultures on different levels in an international environment;
• Your style of leadership will be based on clarity and consistency, strong teamwork, ownership and a clear human touch in managing people with the capability to motivate, develop, facilitate and enthuse them;
• Personal skills: strong leader, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic go-getter, lead by example,
strong conceptual skills but also hands-on, excellent communication and social skills;
• You have excellent verbal & written communication skills in English and Dutch.
There will be several rounds of interviewing with Lodiers & Partners and Foodmate.
A personality questionnaire and/or assessment is part of the process. For more information please contact Maurice Oomens by telephone: +31 6 23907446 or by e-mail to email@example.com