Samsung Electronics Air Conditioners Europe B.V (SEACE)
SEACE is part of the well known Korean company Samsung Electronics, a global leading company in digital communication and electronic appliances for both domestic use as well as business to business. One of the B2B electronic appliances is the innovative air care and heating for the global market. The climate systems are revolutionary in the world of air conditioning and heating, with new designs and advanced performances.
Since 2017 SEACE has its European headquarter based in Amsterdam, to serve the European market, the world’s second largest and growing air conditioning and heating market. From this sales office they offer training, technical support and unique distribution operations for the European B2B market. The headquarters in Amsterdam is supported by local sales organisations in the different European countries.
For the Product Management department of SEACE in Amsterdam we are looking for a senior, result oriented and motivated manager with a technical background who is willing to push forward with a passion for HVAC. Who is the primary driver of the Group’s vision and is able to lead, define and communicate the European product strategy and making sure the products fulfil the latest regulations and match the needs of the European market and profitability targets. Besides creating a vision with a strong focus on the transfer towards green energy in the airconditioning market, and even more important, the sustainable electrical heating market.
Key activities & responsibilities
- Leading the Product Management team, 6 product managers, with a focus on the transformation from traditional energy towards green energy resulting in sustainable growth of the product in its markets.
- Synthesize various ideas on strategy, planning, building consensus and driving execution of next generation products technologies and capabilities in traditional airconditioning products and more important in heating pumps.
- Lead and coaches the team and provides direction to assess a product mix, evaluate market need, set up pricing models conduct competitive analysis and identify new products.
- The role is cross-functional and international.
- Working closely with sales, engineering, marketing and operations to ensure effective delivery and support for products.
- An internal focus on the international board of directors and country organizations. The role requires also frequent interaction with partners in Headquarters in Korea.
- Overseeing the ongoing assessment of product development, innovation and improvement of the business’s product in a way that the product is constantly growing to suit the customer needs, technology trends, competitive positioning and European market requirements.
- You are in possesion of a completed degree in a higher technical education, preferably supplemented with a financial edcuation (MBA) or an equivalent in working experience.
- You have a mimimum of 10-12 years of experience in product management or project management in complex/matrix international environments.
- Preferably with at least 5 years of experience in the field of Mechanical Building Services and/or HVAC branche and specifically heating pumps
- You are a highly analytical individual who is able to work quite effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication skills are a necessity for this position.
- You have strong leadership skills with an ability to convince the team and peers. You are decisive if needed and know how to translate the strategy in concrete and workable plans.
- You have not only have an engineering background but also demonstrates a high level of analytical, financial and quantitative skills to develop a clear, informative business case and (new) product budgets, metrics and measures.
- It is absolutely necessary that you have vision and are future-oriented. You are able to keep the overview, a self-starter, someone who sees opportunities and seizes them.
- Excellent knowledge (speaking and writing) of the English language is mandatory and preferably additional European languages.
There will be several rounds of interviewing, with Lodiers & partners and at SEACE. An assessment will be part of the procedure.
Lodiers & Partners takes care of the selection procedure. For more information or your application, please contact Margreet van Haasteren via 06-23905891 or email@example.com.