Our client Foodmate is an equipment manufacturing company based in the Netherlands (Numansdorp) and founded in 2006. Foodmate develops and produces high-quality production machines for the poultry meat processing industry. In 2010 Foodmate US was launched, expanding their worldwide distribution into North America. After opening Foodmate Brasil, also Foodmate Polska and Foodmate UK were launched, expanding their knowledge and market. Foodmate’s ambition is further global growth within Asia and Latin America and local presence in all strategic markets, being close to their customers. Nowadays Foodmate has about 300 employees worldwide, of which 100 are based in North America. Foodmate’s main focus is on the secondary poultry processing solutions (Weighing, Grading & Logistics, Cut-up, Deboning machines and Bore & Foreign material Detection) which means transforming the secondary processing into a complete automated process, with the highest yield possible, against optimal cost.
Foodmate’s vision is to be recognized by their customers as the most innovative, transformative, customer-oriented, total solution provider in the poultry processing industry by delivering world class solutions, service and performance.
As Sales Director you will be responsible for the commercial growth and development of the sales organization in order to expand Foodmate’s global footprint.
This is done by:
• Structuring the sales organization;
• Further alignment within the sales organization and other Foodmate’s departments.
As Sales Director you will lead a team of Area Sales Managers which some of them operate from abroad. You also will lead the inside sales team. To stay connected with the market you will also manage your own customers and together with colleagues you will represent Foodmate on events.
• You hold a bachelor or master degree in a technology area, preferably supplemented with MBA;
• You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in managing, leading and developing an international operating sales team;
• Experience in the machine building industry is a big plus, preferably in the Food process industry;
• You are very capable to operate within different cultures on different levels in an international environment;
• You possess a proven long term track record of negotiating global frame contracts;
• Your style of leadership will be based on clarity and consistency, strong teamwork, ownership and a clear human touch in managing people with the capability to motivate, develop, facilitate and enthuse them;
• Personal skills: strong leader, entrepreneurial and enthusiastic go-getter, lead by example,
strong conceptual skills but also hands-on, excellent communication and social skills;
• You have excellent verbal & written communication skills in English and Dutch;