The Walraven Group, headquartered in Mijdrecht, is an internationally operating family-owned company with own production and sales offices in 20+ countries. Their Pipe Fixing Systems, Rail Support Systems, Anchor & Fastener Systems, Accessories, Fire Protection Systems, Sanitary Systems and Aerofoam, are used by installation companies all over the world. About 1.400 employees work at Walraven worldwide (160 in Mijdrecht). The Walraven Group has 8 production facilities and 10 warehouses in Europe, with modern machines often designed in-house. Each production facility has its own specialisms, which allows products to be manufactured in the most efficient manner possible. Almost all their tooling and moulds are produced in their own tool making facility. Walraven manages the entire process, from concept to manufacturing, and can quickly respond to developments in the market.
The main goal of the position of Supply Chain Director Europe is to achieve the most effective and efficient supply chain for all Walraven companies by reconfiguring the supply chain in Europe aligned with the new strategy. To have products available for their customers at the right moment, at the right place with the right specifications, at the lowest costs and environmental footprint possible.
The successful candidate will execute strategic programs in international and domestic sourcing, distribution and warehousing and will be responsible for maximizing supply chain efficiency and effectiveness in meeting the demands of a rapidly growing and changing production/manufacturing operation. The role offers the chance to make an impact not just on-site in the Mijdrecht community but throughout Walraven Europe. The new Supply Chain Director has a key role in guiding the family business through these changes and helping them grow without losing their family values.
Role & Responsibilities
- Actively manages transformation and change;
- Support and development of employees, often delegated to the right level, to achieve a high performance;
- Responsible for the development of the supply chain strategy including an integrated planning model and European Walraven footprint, fully aligned with and optimally contributing to the commercial strategy, in joint collaboration with Sales and Manufacturing;
- Develop and maintains the supply chain infrastructure for optimal performance. Steers warehousing and logistics;
- Designs, manages and continuously improves all processes within the supply chain, in order to meet the strategic goals. This requires active co-operation with Sales, Product Management and Manufacturing;
- Provides ongoing alignment of resources in order to meet the process goals;
- Facilitates the Sales & Operations Planning Process, so the required annual volumes of articles can be predicted. The supply chain will be adjusted to the forecast of customers, in order to optimize the service level;
- Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in Supply Chain Management, Technical Business Management or SCM related field;
- Technical background or affinity with technology;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, in a senior management position in a complex European manufacturing environment;
- Proven experience in leading, maintaining and optimization of complex supply chain processes;
- Good knowledge of modern production processes, quality management systems and experience with LEAN or Continuous Improvement plans;
- An inspiring, results oriented leader who is able to foster cross-border collaboration and adjust leadership while working in a cultural diverse working environment;
- An organized and effective, positive and energetic People Manager (and coach), someone who has successfully proven to guide an organisation through change;
- Self-starter, someone who sees opportunities, and seizes them, keeping in mind the family values the company was built on;
- Experience in working across borders and with multi-cultural teams in a technical (family owned) production environment;
- Excellent written and verbal skills (fluent in English).
Lodiers & Partners takes care of the selection procedure. For more information on your application, please contact Margreet van Haasteren via email@example.com or by telephone 0031 (0) 6 2390 5891.